My trip to HongKong

My trip to HongKong

Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Person who inspired me




The Person who inspired me

Few years back, my friend introduced me a book called “Life without Limits”.  I guess most of you would have heard of this book. It was written by Nick Vujicic, who was a motivational speaker born with Phocomelia, a rare disorder characterized by the absence of all four limbs.

While I was reading the book, I was thoroughly inspired by the way he live his life, the positive and optimistic attitude he carries and how grateful he is even though he was born with Phocomelia. In the book, he mentioned about his physical disability and his emotional problems, and he shared about how he overcomes all of it.

His book has kept me thinking. Too often, we allow circumstances to define who we really are. People tend to put us down as well. It was hard to remain positive at times when others discourage you instead of encouraging you. However, for Nick, he refused to let physical limitations to hold him back. Despite his physical disability, he still went on to learn swimming, snorkels, surfing and even sky diving.

As you can see, these activities sometimes seems impossible for us as we are too afraid to try it, let alone for Nick who suffered from Phocomelia. Nick did not give up. Because of his willing–to-learn and never-give-up attitude, he pulled off a 360 degree spin on his board which got him on the front cover of Surfer magazine.

He has inspired me greatly and has make an impact in my life. I have learnt to be grateful, never to take things for granted in life, and I have discovered that everyone has power to take control of our own life. We should learn from Nick Vujicic, no matter what happen, we should keep on trying and never give up.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marcus,

    It is true that we should not take things for granted because we do not know when will they be taken away from us. I feel that Nick has an interesting view on things though I have never read his book before. He did not let his circumstances define him, and instead strive harder than anyone to prove to that he can do things just like a normal person.

    We should all learn from his positivity. Good post!

    - yanyan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcus,
    What a coincidence that Nick Vujicic is one of them people I look up to and have respect for. I am sure he has left us with a good lesson to by in life and may it be a strong pillar for us to lean on during our hard times in University life. Stay positive, stay inspired!
    Cheers,
    Sha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Marcus, for sharing your admiration of Nic Vujicic with us. As you point out, his story is truly inspirational. As his life demonstrates, and you rightly mention: "...no matter what happen, we should keep on trying and never give up."

    ReplyDelete