My trip to HongKong

My trip to HongKong

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Personal feedback on Presentation

On Nov 5th 2015, I was having a proposal presentation for our effective communication module. In this personal reflection I would mainly be writing about my thoughts on the presentation and how I could have done it better.

Firstly, I think that the the delivery of the proposal was smooth. We had many slides and animation prepared for the audiences to be able to understanding the working principle behind those design we presented about. However, one important factor in our presentation was missing which was the key selling point of our proposal. We need to propose to the audience a new and unique solution so they would 'buy' our idea. We need to work on this.

Next, I felt that my body language was appropriate. However, I was commented on my body posture being too stiff, and I did not smile during my part of the presentation. I will take note of this feedback given to me, and work on them according.

Being the first group to present, we went in clueless about whether we are doing it correct or wrong. This proposal presentation is a valuable experience, and all the comments given are appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Marcus,

    I feel you did a excellent job for your presentation.The content was there and your presentation was clear.I also agree that I don't feel that your body language was too stiff as there was sufficient hand movement for my liking.However, the content was not so much of a new proposal rather than an implementation of a current idea.If the content was more unique,I felt that the presentation would be more engaging.Overall Marcus Keep it up :)

    Regards Muhammad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much, Marcus, for this reflection. I appreciate your self critical comments and the willingness to improve your own delivery style.

    I do have one question though regarding this statement made by you: "Firstly, I think that the the delivery of the proposal was smooth."

    Are you suggesting that over the entire presentation this was true? Of course, there were a few hiccups. For example, when your teammate lost the content thread.

    My question is this: As a supportive teammate, what should you do to address a lapse such as that, made by a teammate?

    In any case, I really appreciate your effort here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marcus,

    Great presentation. You had excellent knowledge of your content and presented well. I did not find any issue with your body language but maybe you could have smiled a little more during the presenting. I guess many of would agree, that your group presentation was more of an implementation of a current idea rather than a proposal. Overall, being the first group to present, i felt that you guys did really good and i hope to your current idea implemented.

    Cheers,
    Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marcus,
    During your presentation, I can really see how well inform you are on the facts as your confidence overflows you during you part. And i guess people have different opinion on your way of body language but for me I generally think it is fine but if only you would smile more. Anyways, you did a very good job for being the first few presenters to present without much knowledge!
    Cheers,
    Sha

    ReplyDelete