My trip to HongKong

My trip to HongKong

Sunday, December 6, 2015

“The role of Peer and Tutor Feedback”



“The role of Peer and Tutor Feedback”

Recalling back, I realise that throughout my course of education I did not receive a lot of feedbacks. I do believe that for subject such as English it is very important to receive feedbacks regarding the work; receiving feedbacks will help me to write better for my next assignments or reports.

I recall back in Secondary school, after getting back our English composition, my teacher would read out one or two composition that she finds the best. I would consider this as a form of feedback, but it does not teach me how to get better in my writing. Reading out the good composition makes me realise the standard of a good composition. However, realizing the standard and achieving the standard are two different things. I knew the requirements of a good composition but I was not able to achieve that by myself.

I finally realise what was lacking back in my English lesson, there was an absent of personal feedback. After attending Brad’s lessons, I realised how important is it to receive feedbacks regarding your work. The feedbacks help to improve the content of my work, and it also allows me to be aware of details I might have miss out on. I really appreciate the feedbacks I have received.

After 12 weeks of Brad’s lesson, I feel that I have improved my English slightly. I credit this improvement to all the feedbacks I received. All those feedbacks make me realise all the mistakes I made during my writing. Now, I am more careful in my writing.

Thanks Brad, and everyone.  

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this clear, concise reflection, Marcus. It's good to know you appreciate the feedback. I have a question or two for you though: Do you think there is a place for feedback in your other modules? How might that work?

    Whatever the case, thank you for your hard work this term. Best of luck as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete