My trip to HongKong

My trip to HongKong

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Summary draft 2: “Explosive growth in Asian cities: Bright ideas to Seize the Urban Moment”



In the article “Explosive growth in Asian cities: Bright ideas to Seize the Urban Moment”, Khanna (2015) believes that South-east Asian metropolises are the next reference model of “urban development” in the current era. She states that metropolises are going through an increase of population due to large amount of movement from the counties’ rural area to its cities; this influx is pushing metropolises to expand in magnitude and in turn, will leads to “urban sprawl”. The writer reports that when providing basic necessities such as water, housing and reliable transport; the magnitude of these metropolises are posing complicated problems for their local governments. Khanna argues that South-east Asian capitals are taking on the issues posed with "flexible governments, resourceful citizens and local infrastructure innovation."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcus!

    I think it will be easy for me to understand your summary because we are doing the same topic. However, I feel that for the others that did not read the original article, they might have some difficulties interpreting this summary. From the phrase, "magnitude of the metropolises", I could hardly get what you mean by this. Hope you could explain it to me. Also, I think you need to reduce the number of quotation. To me, it seems difficult to read the summary smoothly.
    Nevertheless I think it is well written to the extent that I manage to get the main idea of the article. Good job!

    See you in class!

    ReplyDelete